Counselling through Work
About Our Organisation
Sheffield Central Counselling has been making positive change in people’s lives since 2008. We’re a team of six qualified, professional counsellors and members of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Our practitioners are experienced in counselling services for employees and in dealing with workplace issues. We know that counselling can play a significant role in improving wellbeing at work, productivity, morale and motivation. Snall to mediun sized business in Sheffield offer their employees counselling serfvices with us from time to time. One of our corporate clients explains their choice:
"Life can throw us all curve balls that can be difficult to deal with and put us under emotional strain. And they don't just disappear when you get to work! Our staff wellbeing is of the utmost importance and we have found Sheffield Central Counselling to be a great resource. It is easy and quick to access and offers individuals that bit of extra help, ensuring they have a confidential space outside work where they can offload and find support."
We have been a trusted partner to the Employee Assistance and Occupational Health Programmes for over seven years, providing counselling services to range of large and small corporate organisations through HELP EAP, Health Assured, Validium, Wellbeing Solutions and CiC. We are experienced in providing time-limited counselling to funded clients.
We work in partnership with you to deliver counselling and training that’s right for your organisation, employees, clients or service-users. Here’s why corporate organisations and their employees choose Sheffield Central Counselling:
• We’re easy to reach: conveniently based in the city centre.
• We have a straightforward system: a direct phone number to one named contact who can arrange counselling appointments.
• We’re responsive: a first appointment will be available in one to two weeks of contacting us.
• We’re flexible: appointments can be arranged around the working day e.g. daytime, evening and lunchtime, Monday to Saturday
• We’re affordable: a professional private practice that doesn’t cost the earth
• We’re person centred: our integrative approach draws on different techniques according to what’s right for the client.
• We operate best practice: reporting to meet your needs and our professional requirements for confidentiality and record keeping.
We offer individual counselling and psychotherapy, and counselling for couples on diverse work-related and personal issues. Our areas of corporate and workplace expertise include but are not limited to:
Low self esteem
Loss of intimacy
Infidelity/loss of trust
The impact of trauma, accident or illness
Breakdown of communication
Considering separation or divorce