This FREE training course delievered by Drink Wise Age Well focuses on the impact of alcohol use on cognitive functioning in people aged over 50.
Venue: Courtwood House, Silver Street Head, Sheffield, S1 2DD
Costs: This course is FREE but places are limited, please contact us to book
This course seeks to deliver the following learning Objectives
· Refresher of alcohol awareness and the impact of the problem
· Understand Alcohol Related Brain Damage and causes of Alcohol Related Cognitive Impairment (ARCI)
· The importance of thiamine
· Differences between alcohol-related dementia and dementia
· How we could screen for ARCI
· The different ways we could practically support someone with ARCI
· Be aware of the referral processes to support someone with ARCI
Who this training is for
Health professionals working in Sheffield, who have recently attended alcohol awareness training and who are working with individuals over the age of 50.